Have a Passport?
You may not need to register this way. Click here to learn how to register for webinars.
Presenter: Candace DeMaris, MAIS
Recorded: August, 2016
Teaching physicians need to understand the rules for documenting and coding when a resident or student is involved in the care of a patient. The webinar will serve as a primer for new faculty and a refresher for experienced faculty.
- Review basic principles of CPT coding and documentation
- Provide general guidelines for teaching physicians
- Evaluation and Management Services
- Surgery and procedures
- Radiology and other diagnostic procedures
- Provide examples of appropriate (and inappropriate) documentation for teaching physicians
- Discuss special circumstances
- Primary care exception
- Medical students
Documentation and Coding for Teaching Physicians